Friday, 8 May 2009

The Parlotones - Giant Mistake



I was fortunate enough to work with a group of wonderful people. The Parlotones is the number one music band in South Africa. The lead singer had a dream of one day making his own wine. Woolworths, the most exclusive shopping centrum in South Africa, supported this idea and together with the country’s top wine makers the Parlotones started the complicated blending process. After the success of the award winning BLANKbottle films Woolworths wanted to have a cult film on the blending process.  Two weeks of no sleep and the winemaking knowledge of my brother Pieter Walser I presented the final script I got the green light and then was giving 3 days with the band to pull this project off.
The Parlotones just won the SAMA (South African Music Awards) for best music video for the song “Overexposed”… so, no pressure on me to deliver the goods…. Ha.