Saturday, 1 August 2009

Waveski Surfing World Titles 30 sec TV commercial

I had to help the Australia Waveski Surfing Association to produce a 30 sec TV ad that will be shown on local television before and during the event.


A year ago I shot some great footage in ReunionIsland and just had to find a way of editing the material and come up with something unique. I had a look at what the Association of Surfing Professional (ASP) do with their event advertisement, but I was not excited.
  
However, I saw something on YouTube done with maps and it triggered my imagination. I scanned in the world map and started working on it in Photoshop. The idea was to let it look like you are flying over the earth ball as the Island from Australia turns towards you. Then fly right into Coffs Harbour where the event will take place. It turned out well and the client is stoked. I also got a comment from Discovery Channel to say that it is awesome. So if they are happy……. I am happy.


video

I just want to thanks my music producer for composing the soundtrack for this commercial. His name is Olivier Girardot and really a world class musician. Check out www.myspace.com/ogcomposer