Thursday, 19 August 2010

24th July 2010

About a month ago I filmed something really interesting. Ridley Scott, director of the Gladiator and Blade Runner…. just to name a few, hosted a filming day where everybody could document their day on the 24th of July. The best rushes will then be put together in a feature film as a sort of time capsule so that this day will forever be documented in the history books. I am a big fan of Ridley's films. Actually his brother Tony Scott's films are what I like most. Films like True Romance, Man on Fire, Domino and more. But since they are brothers, I thought it a great opportunity that those guys might see a snippet of my work. I was not so keen on filming myself and managed to find somebody very interesting to film, so that I could concentrate on the actual filming.

Her name is Regula Curti. A very versatile woman, who last year produced a CD called "Beyond" together with Tina Turner and Dechen Shak-Dagsay. She was completely open for the challenge and was really looking forward to our day of filming.


On the 24th, at 4 o’ clock in the morning, I started filming Regula's day. She did nothing different to any other day and I was basically just like the fly on the wall capturing the moments. Doing everything myself was a mission and the long day of filming completely exhausted me. I was filming with a new type of camera, different lenses than what I was used to and recorded the sound and picture separately. This drove me nuts since there was no time [or a spare hand] to use a clapper board to line up the sound! But I did it and it turned out to be a great day of filming.


I uploaded the rushes to Mr Scott and his team and then Regula asked me if I could cut something together for the Beyond CD with Universal records. She needs an English version for the USA launch next month. It was a privilege to use the music from the "Beyond" CD which is super high quality and a pleasure to work with. I think the result is good, considering shooting it in one day without the intention to use it in this manner. I am very happy with the outcome.


Here is the link to the official website from Universal Music where the film is on.

www.beyondsinging.com