Friday, 4 March 2011

iMac - Problem

Recently I have been having problems with my iMac. It puts itself to sleep whenever it wants and it became impossible to work. A good friend told me that he once had similar problems and they tried everything to fix it. Hardware, software and hard drive tests couldn't cure the problem. Eventually after sending it in for repair, they stated that the dirty fans caused overheating, which send the computer into a sleeping mode. So I called a friend that knows it all about Mac's in the valley. He is also the only guy I know that even has the tools to open an iPhone. Well, we took my poor little iMac to pieces. So much so that I thought we would never be able to get it back in working order again. The fans were pretty dusty and with his vacuum cleaner we sucked the entire Mac spotlessly clean. After cleaning we slowly reassembled it the way we found it and to my surprise the machine worked again in perfect harmony. Heehaa....